If you have a beloved silk scarf, you not only need to know how to wear it, but you also need to know how to care for it. Silk scarves are different from ordinary fabrics. Wrong cleaning methods can easily damage silk scarves. Let's share some knowledge about the washing and maintenance of scarves, so that fashion and charm can continue.
First, the washing rules of silk scarves
After washing the silk scarf, it should be placed in a cool place to dry. When storing, put a desiccant in the storage drawer or bag to prevent mold, and white should be wrapped with fresh tin foil to prevent oxidation and yellowing. Although many of the scarves are indicated on the washing instructions, it is best to use dry cleaning, but if the washing method is correct, most of the scarves can be washed at home. The essentials are to use a detergent suitable for the material of the silk scarf, and the appropriate water temperature, to confirm whether it will fade beforehand, and then carefully handle the following:
1. Use a neutral detergent that does not contain a fluorescent agent.
2. Wash with warm water of about 20 degrees Celsius. The washing water is kept at a certain temperature, and the detergent is completely dissolved in warm water of about 20 degrees Celsius for use.
3. Be sure to do the fading test first. Dip a little water on the edges of the scarf or inconspicuous areas, then press with a white towel. If there is some fading, avoid washing.
4. Rinse quickly after folding. The silk scarf is neatly folded, and then the folded portion is fixed by hand, quickly placed in water, and the surface dust is rinsed back and forth.
5. Wring out in a folded state, rinse again after spreading. Fold the scarf into one-eighth of the size and wring it out gently. Then change the warm water and repeat step (4) twice.
6. Treat with a softener. To prevent static electricity and increase elasticity, use a softener for clothing to make the last warm water rinse and wring out.
7. Spread the silk scarf and roll it with a towel. Spread the silk scarf, spread it on the towel, and roll it up along the edge to make it fully dry.
8. Store in a well ventilated place. After removing the water, spread the silk scarf completely, hang it on the hanger, and place it in the room without the sun in the shade. (Because the silk cloth is exposed to the sun and it is easy to fade, pay special attention).
Second, the ironing rule of silk scarves
When ironing the silk scarf, it is best to iron it after the silk towel is cleaned, or after being washed in a semi-dry and semi-wet state. The most important thing is to choose the appropriate temperature and steam according to the fabric representation, and pay attention to whether the ironing surface covers the cloth. In addition, after ironing, the silk scarf will be hung for a while, and then the heat will be completely dispersed before being collected.
Silk - medium temperature blanching
The scarf is turned upside down and slowly flattened from a quarter. Be careful not to press on the seams where the edges are raised.
Wool - medium temperature steam
With the side of the silk scarf facing up, the iron is slightly raised. Do not directly touch the fiber, iron it by steam blowing, and finally comb the fiber direction with a brush.
Third, the collection rules of scarves
1. When the silk scarf of silk or rayon fabric is ironing, move the iron from the center part laterally, then move the upper and lower positions, and then proceed in the same way; first iron the inner side, then iron the edge, if the edge is The embossed roll has a scalloped shape, and it is only necessary to iron the inner portion without pressing the protruding portion.
2. The collection place to avoid excessive moisture and light is the most basic collection of scarves. In addition, it is best to fold carefully when collecting, do not wrinkle, and be careful not to let the silk scarf directly contact the insect repellent. The silk scarf can be stored in a special hanger for hanging trousers. The silk scarf is then hung in a piece of cloth and then hung, so that wrinkles can be avoided. The pleated material scarf is preferably rolled into a slack cylindrical shape and stored in a round box with good air permeability. Never use a hanger to hang it.
3. Large-size silk scarves can be directly draped in a triangle shape and draped on a hanger to prevent wrinkles. This method can be used to continuously overlap two or three silk scarves.